Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

I've always loved St. Patrick's Day!  
Maybe it's because it's my Dad's Birthday... or maybe I just like a reason to celebrate!
We had a delicious dinner of Corn beef and Cabbage along with this tasty, Lime Sherbet Slush!

Click the picture to find the recipe.


After dinner we had Lime Jell-o cupcakes!  They were so good!   I created a Cheesecake frosting that made me feel like a little kid that just wants to licks the frosting off the top!  Yum!   

Click the picture to find the cake recipe.

Cheesecake Frosting

-8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese
-8 oz. tub Whipped Topping
-3 cups Powdered Sugar
-1 tsp.  Lemon Juice

Combine all ingredients and whip it until well mixed.  Let sit for 5-10 min to thicken.
Note: This frosting may seem runny, but the longer it sits the more it will set up.  Just like cheesecake or pudding.  I put the frosting into the piping bag and let it sit in that.  It worked great.  So give it some time to stiffing up.

Hope you all had a great St. Patty's Day!

2 comments:

Mike and Joy said...

Great pictures! I totally want to try making these both, just from your pictures! How fun! I was browsing your blog and your sisters the other day, and I am completely amazed at everything you all do - so creative and fun for your families!!! I want to be more like my beautiful, talented nieces! :-)

Ratliffs said...

Yay for a new blog!!! I usually do green for St. Patty's Day, but since we are Irish, I thought we'd try out traditional food fare too! YUM!